Dr.Devesh Jain Dental clinic in Vaishali Ghaziabad provides advanced dental care treatment using the latest technology at affordable prices. Dr. Devesh Jain is a renowned dentist with more than 14 years of experience. Along with his team of dental specialists, Dr. Devesh Jain provides quality dental treatment for all kinds of dental health issues. Invisible Orthodontics, Laser treatments, smile makeovers, Periodontics, Dental Implants, etc are some of the specialized treatments offered at Dr.Devesh Jains Dental clinic.
If you are to undergo dental implant treatment, you might be having numerous questions in your mind. This article will answer all your questions so that you can undergo this treatment without any doubts.
Dental Implants are titanium roots implanted into the jawbone such that these roots provide a strong foundation to the removable or fixed crowns. Once the crown is placed on the roots, it gives a natural teeth appearance.
What are the pros and cons of dental implants:
Dental implant treatment is always referred to as the “golden standard”. However, it has pros and cons too. Given below are the pros and cons of dental implants;
- Lifetime relief: Since the artificial roots resembling the human tissue are implanted into the jawbone, they become a permanent part of the dental structure. With proper dental care, routine exams, and cleanings the implants last for a lifetime
- Protection from Bone Degeneration: Whenever a tooth is lost, bone present in the jaw shrinks around the place where the lost tooth used to be. This bone loss can cause trouble to neighbor teeth through shifting of even loss of the tooth. But in the case of dental implants, artificial roots stimulate normal jaw functions and prevent bone degeneration. Dental implants are a healthier solution when compared to a denture or dental bridge as the latter does not prevent bone degeneration
- Success rate: Dental implant treatment has been in practice for more than 40 plus years now. Through all these years, dental implant treatment has a 95% success rate. Today with technological evolution, the treatment has proved to be a long-term solution
- The process is time-consuming: The implants take at least six months to fuse with the jawbones. The procedure involves many other steps that take time. Hence this is not a preferred treatment for a person seeking an immediate solution
- Chance of Infections: The chances of dental complications are rare but during the process of dental implants, the gum may get infected. In extreme scenarios, this infection may lead to periodontics or bone loss
- Additional Procedures: Depending upon the dental condition, the doctor may perform some additional procedures, such as bone grafting or sinus lift. In case the sinus bone is found close to the jawbone, sinus lift becomes mandatory. These additional procedures increase the waiting time and cost too
Types of dental implants:
There are two types of dental implants:
- Endosteal Implants: This is the most common and surgical procedure wherein the artificial roots are implanted directly into the jawbone. These are also known as root-form implants. The root-form plants are either like plates, cylinders, or small screws. To complete this treatment successfully, the bone has to be wide enough and deep. Once the gums heal, the doctor performs a second surgery to connect the post and original implant. Lastly, the artificial tooth or tooth is attached.
- Subperiosteal Implants: In this procedure, a metal frame is implanted onto the jawbone below the gum tissues. As and when the gums heal, the frame fixes itself to the jawbone. The posts of the frames protrude into the gums. Lastly, the artificial tooth/teeth are mounted onto the posts.
Dental implants cost in India
The cost of dental implants varies from one procedure to the other. It also depends on the additional procedures that may or may not be performed depending on the dental condition of patients. Here is the approximate cost of different types of dental implant treatments;
- Endosteal Implant- approximately Rs.22,000 to Rs.23,000
- Subperiosteal Implant- approximately Rs.30,000 to Rs.32,000
- Root form Implant and Transosseous Implant – costs around Rs.38,000 to Rs.41,000
How to choose the right dentist for dental implants?
Choosing the right dentist is the very first and most important step before undergoing any treatment. Only the trained and experienced dentists can perform successful implantation treatment with long-lasting results.
Here’s how you can choose the right dentist for your dental implant treatment;
- Ensure that the dentist has relevant education, training and good experience in dental implant
- Ensure that the dentist has board certification
- It is always better to choose a dental implant specialist
- Check the reviews from other patients, view different before/after photographs of dental implantation performed at their clinic
Do dental implants work like real teeth?
Yes, dental implants work and look like real teeth. As mentioned above the dental implants have a 95% success rate and have proved to be the long-term solutions for various dental issues. Dental implants preserve the health of your jawbone by preventing bone shrinking. The implants blend perfectly with the rest of our dental structure, hence they look and work like real teeth. Once the implant treatment is completed, there will be no need for specialized dental care.
Routine oral hygiene has to be maintained along with regular checkups every six months. With dental implants, there will be no problem with either eating or chewing. You can eat your meals normally without any discomfort. If the dental implants are taken care of, the last lifetime like the real teeth. Unlike dentures and dental bridges, implants are permanent and durable, hence these are the best dental solution for teeth/tooth loss and healthy jaw.
In case you are looking for a dental implant specialist in Ghaziabad, visit Dr. Devesh Jain, a certified and experienced dental implant specialist. Dr. Devesh Jain Dental clinic is equipped with the latest technological devices and offers advanced dental treatment at an affordable cost.